Day by Day

A mama blogs the journey to transplant and beyond...

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No Rejection?!

We have crazy news for you all. After seeing more of the biopsy results today the doctors are thinking that we are dealing with infection and not rejection!!!

Chris and I are in a bit of shock and I'm still processing the information and so I don't feel like I can put it down coherently right now but hopefully in the next few days I can. We are still waiting for a few more results but as of right now Dr. Alexander is thinking that it is most likely not rejection.

They want us to stay down here until tomorrow morning so we can have one more blood draw as his Prograf level is still very high and we aren't sure why. We plan on making a trip to the ocean today to celebrate and give thanks.

Thank you so much for your prayers and good thoughts, from the bottom of our hearts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ I was re-reading somethings you wrote in June of '05 and I can't help but think of it now.

"He is SUCH a trooper. I am so proud of him. All the prayers and thoughts are truly helping him. When I"m around him, I can feel them all. He's a beautiful kid. So strong."

We're so glad for your news!!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger jessicalflores1@aol.com said...

Meghan,

I am still holding Joaquin in my prayers. I am so glad that there is no rejection! YAY little guy! Logan has been having some issues recently too with his potassium and phosphate--more the potassium since it went up over 7. My mama alarms are going off all over the place. And reading one of your posts I have to agree that our motherly intuition does get a little wonky dealing with kidney issues.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy!!!! What a strong little guy and such a strong mama. Your family radiates love!

Continued prayers for complete recovery and peace of mind for all.

-Squid

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

patio furniture store
patio furniture store